Friday, March 10, 2006

aspen comedy festival :: off the web


I traveled to Aspen to see my favorite sister perform in the US Comedy Arts Festival. She was funny (as always) and won the award for "Best Alternative Comedy." Hopefully that will lead to good things for her - she deserves it. I was surprised at how much industry was present -hbo, cinemax, agents, managers etc. I went snowboarding (of course), went to an after-party hosted by the Upright Citizens Brigade and snuck into a few shows including "Creation Nation" and "Off the Web."

I told Mr. Arcangel I would try to see his friend Chelsea perform while I was in Aspen, she was part of a show called "Off the Web." Basically it was web artists showing their websites at a comedy festival. Labeled in the media as "internet humorists" the websites were a bit funnier than the artists, no surprise, but the whole thing did feel a bit out of place until you factor in that industry was there watching for new ideas and new talent. The strange thing was it felt like the same thing I do in my class room, show an interesting website and talk about it. It turned out that I was familiar with all the sites they presented but it was nice to be able to put a face to a site. Anyway here is a list of who presented and their sites -so if you see something similar pop up in the entertainment industry you know where they stole it from.

Chelsea Peretti
: Black People Love Us
what was the other site she did?

Charlie Todd: Improve Everywhere

Aziz is Bored

Jakob Lodwick & Ricky Van Veem:College Humor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home