Wednesday, April 26, 2006

google fight


Performing a googleganger, the act of googling one's self. It may sound narcissistic, and in part it is. However, when you are a net artist your name being found by google is very closely tied to the visibility of your art work, vanity becomes territorial rage.

I honestly never used to care. There has always been a couple of low profile david schaal(s) on the net, a psychology professor from Florida, and a bishop from the bible belt. But now there is an actor from London who has gotten some web fame by being on the British version of "the office." After he took the davidschaal.com and .name domains I began to feel threatened.

Currently, I am enjoying some google juice... meaning my site is the #1 search returned (are you feeling lucky?)in google, also known as a google whack. Feel free to help me in my plight and link to my site (please) www.davidschaal.net, the entertainment industry does not have my back... And besides, I was here first, <1995.

I am net artist. I am not a British actor. I am not a Pyschology professor. I am not a Bishop. Or am I?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home